The Thorburn Group is looking for an ambitious, buttoned up project manager to join our creatively-driven, strategically-minded account services team.
This position is a multifaceted role with responsibilities across project management, operations, and creative traffic flow. The primary purpose of this position is to work with and provide support to account team on projects and programs for start to finish. This involves maintaining knowledge and understanding of our clients’ businesses and needs, as well as a solid grasp of our internal processes in order to manage complex projects in a proactive, team-oriented, and highly skilled manner.
Project Management and Creative Operations:
- Learn and understand processes and services, including the systems established for development in order to achieve premier quality results.
- Manage the flow of assigned jobs with internal staff. This includes communicating client expectations to team members, developing project schedules, and managing the project to ensure deadlines are met on time and on budget.
- Regularly review jobs to monitor budgeted hours and job profitability, this includes managing any creative resources accountable on allowed hours estimated for projects. Raise any concerns to account team and work to proactively and quickly resolve issues.
- Work with Brand Engagement Directors to develop job estimates and create and set up all jobs in ISIS. Learn and understand processes and procedures accounting management system (SalesForce) for project accounts, running reports, forecasting, and tracking and monitoring hours.
- Develop benchmarks for job estimates in order to assist the account directors in evaluating number of hours to budget for future jobs.
- Initiate client billing and sending invoices on assigned jobs.
- Attend regular job status meetings and come prepared to share current status of your projects.
- Track the flow of tasks within the creative team, be aware of status at each stage.
- Organize flow of projects coming in to the creative team including scope of work, objectives, deliverables and due dates to manage capacity and work load.
- Work closely with creative director and creative team to efficiently move projects through the creative process, communicate status, schedules and challenges back to clients.
- Work closely with the creative team to manage print production, including getting quotes on projects, negotiate pricing, and process invoices.
- Schedule jobs for proofing and work with creative team to make revisions.
Send your resume and cover letter to: