The Thorburn Group is looking for a dynamic and ambitious Brand Engagement Director to join our creatively-driven, strategically-minded account services team.
This position is a multifaceted role with responsibilities across strategic marketing, planning and account management, as well as contributing to proposal development and proactively uncovering opportunities to expand existing client business. The primary role of this position is to provide strategic guidance and management of client marketing and communications programs, while supporting and championing the development and delivery of exceptional creative product.
- Work with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identify actions for implementation in order to meet client goals
- Develop strategic brand and marketing plans, media plans, communication mapping and journey mapping, based on the client goals and objectives, and assist the client in solving marketing and brand problems
- Understand and work to meet the client’s marketing and brand objectives as well as understanding the client’s products or services, market-share, and competitive landscape
- Develop creative briefs and work with the brand, research, creative, digital, and fulfillment teams to inform the marketing and brand strategy across an integrated marketing and brand-centric approach; this includes content strategy for creative executions, ensuring creative executions meet client expectations, and ensuring deliverable adhere to brand and creative strategy.
- Oversee the various fulfillment and production stages of the development and delivery (including creative, research, digital, media, etc.) of products and services to ensure fulfillment meets the marketing and brand strategy goals and objectives
- Develop broad industry expertise in marketing and utilize a mix of both new and traditional media channels to develop brand engagement with the client’s strategic messaging platform
Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience in marketing planning in an account service capacity at a previous agency, or corporate marketing environment
- A desire to seek, establish and build relationships with clients and colleagues
- Experience working in a higher education environment (a plus)
- A broad and current perspective on the marketing, operational and other issues confronting higher education today
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience with proposal writing and responding to client RFPs
- Excellent presentation skills
- An ability to lead internal teams through the delivery of proposals and projects
- Strong attention to detail and organization skill
Send your resume and cover letter to: